First Steps: Stepping Up
Club 21’s new program First Steps: Stepping Up is uniquely designed for Parents of children with Down syndrome who are preparing to transition to pre-school we are offering a Parent Education and Child Learning opportunity that has been specifically developed to support families of young ones with Down syndrome who are leaving behind their Early Intervention services as they cross the bridge to Pre-school.
Join other families of children between the ages of 2 and 3 (by September 7, 2017) and learn how to become the most effective advocate, teacher and member of your child’s IEP team. The skills you learn in this program will carry you throughout your child’s education.
Each one-hour session over a period of ten months will focus on a pre-determined topic, allow for discussion, and show you how that session ties into previously shared ideas. Parent Sessions have been designed by a Club 21 parent who was also an incredible teacher and administrator in Public School Districts for many years, Kristin Enriquez. These sessions will offer opportunities for team building and group support both in person and through an interactive private Facebook group.
Topics include (but not limited to):
- Understanding the Transition Process
- How to Create and Share Your Vision
- Increasing Access and Opportunity for Students with Down syndrome
- Selected topics related to the learning profile of people with Down syndrome and the school’s role in supporting those needs.
Cost for the program:
- Parent + Child (2-3 yrs old by Sept. 2017) is $500 ($450 if paid in full)
- Parent Only $300
- If you have a child that is not yet 2 by Sept. 2017 you can attend as a parent. We recommend your child be between 18-23 months.
If you have any questions please email: email@example.com